Church Media and Communications Specialist
REPORTS TO: Senior Pastor
STATUS: Part Time, Non-Exempt
COMPENSATION: $20.00 per hour for up to 20 hours per week
COMMITMENT TO PROFESSIONALISM
Employees of Bethany are expected to uphold the peace, unity, and purity of the church of Jesus Christ. The measure of personal conduct is that it supports the efforts of all staff members as they, in turn, serve the members of Bethany and others with whom they come into contact.
The Church Media and Communications Specialist will create internal and external communications that affirm the mission, vision, values and beliefs of Bethany Church.
- Oversee the communications that go to the congregation and to the community, including print and electronic media.
- Conceptualize, write, and edit impactful feature articles, web copy, social media posts, press releases, letters/emails, brochures, bulletins, newsletters and other collateral.
- Collaborate with the church leadership team, pastors and staff to plan communications to ensure consistent messaging and accuracy.
- Will work collaboratively with all areas of ministry to provide creative and strategic communications.
- Generate new, creative ideas for content.
- Assist staff and members in planning and maintaining editorial calendars.
- The candidate should share the values and beliefs of Bethany Church.
- The candidate should have a passion for communicating a clear message and skill with methods of communications – verbal, written and electronic.
- The ability to listen to and communicate with people of all ages and the ability to work with leaders of ministry groups.
- Have expertise in the field of communications/marketing and be proficient using desktop-publishing, email, social media and current technologies for marketing.
- This candidate should be highly organized, a self-starter, value attention to detail and able to follow-through on assignments and deadlines.
HOW TO APPLY
Email your CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the subject line.
Comments are closed.