Our Mission and Vision
Loving with the heart of Jesus
To trust in Jesus
Love like Jesus
Grow in Jesus
Bring others to Jesus
In order to do that, we are committed to being an “Acts 2” church in spirit and practice, a church that is:
- Transformational: touching hearts and changing lives for Jesus Christ in the practical daily life and for eternity.
- Inspirational: asking the Holy Spirit to permeate our life together and empower our ministry.
- Educational: growing in the knowledge and love of Jesus Christ and his way.
- Missional: serving with a kingdom vision for Bridgeville, the South Hills, Pittsburgh and the world.
We will shape our ministry and direct our efforts and prayers to this end. We will develop and practice ministry that is not busywork but Kingdom work, not institutional maintenance but transformational, not for ourselves but for Christ and his Kingdom. We acknowledge that our church – the people and programs, facilities and finances are not ours but God’s. We are here to praise, honor and serve our Lord.
We will work to build disciples, who know and love Jesus Christ; who are growing in his love; who are practicing it in their giving, living and serving; who are praising him in worship; and who are sharing him with others.
Some Scripture passages (NRSV) that help guide us are:
- Acts 1:8 – “You will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
- Acts 2:42-47 – “They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers. Awe came upon everyone, because many wonders and signs were being done by the apostles. All who believed were together and had all things in common; they would sell their possessions and goods and distribute the proceeds to all, as any had need. Day by day, as they spent much time together in the temple, they broke bread at home and ate their food with glad and generous hearts, praising God and having the goodwill of all the people. And day by day the Lord added to their number those who were being saved.”
- Romans 12:1-2 – “I appeal to you therefore, brothers and sisters, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your minds, so that you may discern what is the will of God—what is good and acceptable and perfect.”