Become a Fan of Bethany Presbyterian Church on Facebook Follow Bethany Presbyterian Church on Twitter Subscribe to Bethany Presbyterian Church Updates Using RSS Donate to Bethany Using PayPal, Credit Card or Bank Account
Upward Sports
Lend a Hand

2018 Upward Registration for K5 – 2nd Grade, Now Open!

Bethany Presbyterian Church is excited to offer this amazing sports ministry of Basketball and Cheerleading to boys and girls in K5 through 2nd grade.

Upward is an evangelistic sports ministry specifically designed for boys and girls that promotes salvation, character, and self-esteem in every child.

For more information about the Upward ministry at Bethany Presbyterian Church and to register, click here.

Upward logos are trademarks of Upward Unlimited. Used by permission.

29 Responses to 2018 Upward Registration for K5 – 2nd Grade, Now Open!

1. Lori A Waxter says:

I see the Registration for 2016 Upward is going on until November 21. When does it begin? Thanks,

2. Deonna says:

Do you have to register before the evaluation is done

3. Aleen Atencio says:

Evals are:
    Wednesday, December 4, 2013 : between 6:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.

Thursday, December 5, 2013 : between 6:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.

Saturday, December 7, 2013 : between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.

4. Michele says:

What time and days are the basketball evaluations on?

5. Jessie says:

I am one of the coaches! Looking forward to it and ready to have some fun!!! 🙂

6. Kara garrubba says:

We are coming Saturday for the evaluation.. I didnt realize we had missed the other ones…Any idea how long we will be there ? We have a play at 130…

7. Mike Barish says:

Practice and game schedules will not be completed until after registration and evaluations are complete.

8. Donna Bono says:

When are the practice times and days? I tried to click on it but it says that page not available. I’d like to be sure it doesn’t conflict with anything else my 1st grader is doing. Thanks.

9. Dawn Hughes says:

My daughter Kaitlyn is signed up for Cheerleading. She now has a conflict on Wednesday evening so I would like to add that to her registration form.

Thank you.

10. Mary Susan Anderson says:

I would like to sign up my son (K) for basketball and my daughter (1st grade) for cheerleading. Is there anyway to let her cheer for his team?

11. Keary McFeeley says:

I just signed my son up for basketball. Do we need to sign up for one of the evaluation sessions, or do we just show up to one?

• Mike Barish says:

Keary, you can show up at any of the three evaluations. The entire process should take about 20 minutes, but that depends on how many kids need to be evaluated at the time that you show up.

12. Norman says:

Will the youngest boys (age 5/6) be playing on a 10-foot hoop or something lower?

• Mike Barish says:

The hoops height and courts are decided by grade divison. Kindergarten plays half court on a 7′ hoop. 1/2 grade play half court on an 8′ hoop. 3/4 grade play half court on a 9′ hoop and 4th grade and up play full court on a 10′ hoop.

13. marjorie says:

i would like to sign my 9 year old up for the basketball but he has something that he does on sat. from1-3pm. could you tell me if there is any conflict and also thurs. nite

• Mike Barish says:

The schedule for practices and games are not set until registration is over and coaches and teams have been selected. There is a spot on the registration form to enter a night which your child cannot practice. As for game times, in general we go from youngest to oldest. Kindergarten plays at 9:00AM and 10:00AM, 1st and 2nd Grade play at 11:00AM and 12:00PM, 3rd and 4th Grade play at 1:00PM and 2:00PM.

14. Lisa Self says:

Hi. I am interested in registering my 6 yr old daughter for cheerleading. I also am registering her for swim lessons, which are only available on saturdays. Can u tell me what the practice & game times are so I will know if we are able to do both activities? I did see that the season runs from 1/28/12 to awards on 3/26/10, but there are no practice & game times listed.

• Mike Barish says:

The practice and game schedule, especialy for cheerleading, is not set until after registration is complete and coaches and squads are selected. Practice will be weeknights at either 6:00PM or 7:00PM. The cheer schedule varies throughout the season so that all game times get cheerleaders. Games start at 9:00AM and run through 7:00PM. Each squad will cheer for one game time each week. My best advice is for you to sign up and if we cannot make it work, we will refund your money.

15. Georgia Smtih says:

We registered on line for basketball. When is the first practice and how long is the season?

16. Alena Rohe says:

Do you get enough interest to organize a team for Grades 6-7-8?

• Mike Barish says:

The past two years have had a a boys division that combined 5th – 8th grades. The first year there were 18 boys and last year there were 32.

Last season for the girls, we combined grades 4 through 8 and had 18 girls.

17. Mike Owens says:

When does start and what day are games and practices thank you mike Owens

• Carl Suppo says:

If you click on the Upward logo, it will take you to a more detailed page about our program. Then from this page if you click on the Season Schedule link under related pages to the right, you will find answers to your questions. All games are Saturday and practices are one hour, one night a week. The day/time varies by division/team and is not determined till the teams are formed, once registration is closed. We do however try to schedule practices to fit parent/child schedules.

18. Doreen says:

Is the boy’s basketball league based on age or grade level?

• Carl Suppo says:

Our basketball league is for boys and girls for anyone that is at least 5 years old thru grade 8 (as of December 31).

19. Dan Adamski says:

When does the season run? Thank you.

Kids Night Out is Friday, October 20th from 6 - 8pm     Read More and Register »